SampleSwap Forum Index

Facebook Twitter

SampleSwap
Professional quality free audio samples and electronic music

This 100% free AIFF/WAV collection contains 7.7 GB of sounds -- including 2,566 techno, hiphop, rap, trance, and drum and bass drum beats / loops, 1,379 drum hits, 113 drum kits, 2,306 sound FX, 1,585 instrument sounds, 1,013 vocal samples, 1,387 melodic and electronic loops, and more.

E.g. pad, techno, guitar, string, happy, 120, 130, 140
symbiosis just downloaded: 092_funkisharp.aif (449 KB)

Poll: What Software do you use?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new message   Reply to message    SampleSwap Forum Index -> Hello, who are you?
View previous message :: View next message  

What software do you use to make music?
Ableton Live
17%
 17%  [ 102 ]
Acid
5%
 5%  [ 30 ]
Cakewalk
1%
 1%  [ 7 ]
Cubase
9%
 9%  [ 53 ]
Digital Performer
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Frooty Loops Studio
30%
 30%  [ 174 ]
Garageband
2%
 2%  [ 12 ]
I use REAL instruments, sucker!
5%
 5%  [ 33 ]
Logic
6%
 6%  [ 35 ]
MAX MSP / SuperCollider / Nerdy Stuff
1%
 1%  [ 7 ]
Nuendo
1%
 1%  [ 6 ]
Orion
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Pro Tools
2%
 2%  [ 16 ]
Reaktor
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Reason
11%
 11%  [ 68 ]
Sonar
2%
 2%  [ 16 ]
Tracktion
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 577

canton

Sponsor

Site Admin

City / Country: Santa Fe, NM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Poll: What Software do you use? Reply (quote author)

Hi, everyone please take a second to fill out this poll to tell me what software you use.

I'd like to start tailoring this site to make it work better for specific uses, e.g. making Ableton Live Packs, EXS-24 instruments...

Yours in noize,
- canton
MickBordet

City / Country: Scotland, UK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

Hi Canton - great site!

I'm using a mix of Cubase on ST for MIDI, Tracktion on WinXp for VSTs and Ardour on Linux for audio, so ticks in a few boxes.

I appreciate the advantage of being able to use samples straight away with app-specific packs, but I hope you keep AIFF/WAV as the standard - they can work with anything from my old AKAI S950 to the latest software samplers. Keeps the whole thing open and free to the largest amount of people.

Keep up the good work.

Slainte

Mick
SirDarwen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

Respects Canton! ;)

It's a great site and I'm most glad that I found it through Google(it showed up on the second page,when i was searching for 'free vocal samples'). :D

Anyhow,wish ya the best and keep it up!!!

e.z.
cordata_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Live Packs Reply (quote author)

Not only would I use any ableton live packs you post but I will also distort and destroy them!!!
SolidStateSurvivor

City / Country: Bath, England

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

FL Studio 6, been using FL (4 then on to 6) since this time last year and am hoping to move onto Sonar soon since people can instantly tell it's FL and that instantly damages your credibility! ;) plus i want to do more live stuff...
cymbaline

City / Country: Nice/France

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

well, i play several different instruments, but i obviously use programs to record, and being a producer means i must have a bit of variety. so i use logic, cubase, protools, and reason mainly. too bad i couldnt choose more than one on the poll...
Refund

City / Country: Melbourne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

where's the tracker software? buzz? fastracker II?

: (
sajevangelo

City / Country: san diego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: DEJA WU uses..... Reply (quote author)

for the last few years i seem to use ableton live, more than any other sequencer, for completing works.....
since manipulation of sounds is wide-open here and midi-implementation (including controller/automation editing) is quite easy.

i'm fairly new to logic pro 7 but it has at least one very glaring bug i'm a little resentful of having to pay for to get fixed.....plus it's not even listed as a bug-fix in the upgrade improvements.
nevertheless, it's a powerful tool which is a little spiff on the eyes (and therefore cpu i'd imagine) but a fun way to get a project started...and moved to ableton for final arrangement and manipulation.

i've always loved cubase and am now using sx when i want to "go home" and work in an environment i've known for over a decade.
i started with a DOS version of cakewalk in my wee days on a 1MB RAM pc. very solid reliable software.....so my hats-off to cakewalk....i think they're a great company.

i really LOVE REASON....a true gift to all musicians wanting to explore ideas new and old.....enuff said!!!!

i am not a huge fan of garageband
for some of the same reasons i can't say i'm a true fan of logic.
one being that i HATE stopping a track to do a simple cut and paste!!!!!!
is that DUMB OR WHAT??!?!?!!?!
plus most garage-band users SOUND LIKE garage-band users....like they couldn't compose their own way out of a garbage-bag if their
mom paid them. sorry...this is my opinion and not a view shared by the rest of sample-swap!

i've never used fruity-loops but i like the passion and dedication of it's user-community.

i still use rebirth to hammer out some old-school beats on the old g3 at least once a year.
some of us never leave the sandbox.....you don't say.

i'd like to get tracktion one day.
i like the idea of it's simple simple interface.....and the fact it's made by an old quality music-hardware company.....and not by one
REGULARLY in court for copyright infringements (who might that be?).

mcc aka> DEJA WU

http://www.soundclick.com/dejawu
http://www.soundclick.com/sagebomb
http://www.soundclick.com/mancalledclay
http://www.soundclick.com/clownsitters
http://www.soundclick.com/evolution2000
breakhound

City / Country: saskatoon, sk, Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

fruity loops 6.0 for me. Although I've heard good things about this "buzztrack"software so I might look into that. Supposedly it works well for breakcore stuff?
tERMoBLUe

City / Country: im müscha...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

aloha...

@first thx2all - nice service and very good sample library...

and i'm fruityuser since 8 years ;) ...subjective the best intuitive music software...cya

tro
normalkills

City / Country: dirty south

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

i clicked reason cuz i use that the most, but i use sonar, orion, guitar pro, sound recorder, and edirol vst's like orchestral. im sure theres more, but thats enough to list.

`( ;])
ups

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: fl Reply (quote author)

whats up canton i really appreciate this site (it's quickly becoming my favorite destination), seeing as how im completely new to production this site is a treasure chest compared to the default bass kits, strings, etc. that came with my fl studio 6.
Oh yeah by completely new i mean i just started last thursday and right now im pretty much putting myself through engineering/production school with the help of you tube and pages like this
THANK YOU VERY MUCH
and as soon as i can donate anything
Im down

-Ups
ToDie4

City / Country: Sarajevo / Bosnia and Herzegovina

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

Hi friends ;)

I was working with Propeller head's soft products for a long time, Fruity loops also for long time... And still i use Fruity Loops... But once i discovered Logic, i realised it's most advance and has best sound to work with... Very good product...

Adobe Audition for editing samples and such works...

Also, collection of many Vst plugins...

One thing i won't replace and won't ''move out'' of my work is Roland Rythm machine... First one ;)
digitalunited

City / Country: detroit/USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Acid Pro 5 Reply (quote author)

hey.

4 or 5 years ago when i got into production, i got ahold of a Sonic Foundry ACID program, before it was sony.. i loved the setup. then I switched to FLstudio for a few years, but about 2 years ago i bought ACID 5, then upgraded to Pro.. and bought alot of VSTi's , and now I'm back in love with it.. I havent upgraded to Pro 6 yet, I dont even think i'm going to actually. I've never worked on reason yet, but i've thought about trying it out eventually. Theres just something about ACID that I like...

well thats what i use.

-jared

www.myspace.com/digitalunited

www.myspace.com/hienergie
LEIGON

City / Country: England

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

Yeah I like Acid too, but i'm a reason freak at heart!
I tend to create sounds on reason & edit them with acid.

thanks for the samples.
RawOrange

City / Country: Houston,TX. USA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Hi Canton Reply (quote author)

Love the site, looking forward to being a member. I just purchased a Korg padKONTROL and was skimming the web looking for free sample sites. After seeing Sampleswap, I knew this was the place to be. Thanks for all your hard work, great site, you rock!

Dave
JFK

City / Country: Lisboa, Portugal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

I think the best is to use a combination of various softwares;
People talk trash about FL all the time, but the fact is, FL is really good and easy IF YOU DONT USE ANYTHING INCLUDED WITH IT!

So, I just sequence in FL 7, cause I use many synthethizers:
- Vanguard
- Zeta+
- Albino
- Swamp
- Sts21
- PlugSound 02, 03 and 05
- MS-20
- Polysix
- Wavestation

And I use a single fx processor: MDE-X; It has 17 different fx :D

Also, I use Live for messing with Samples,
Cubase for some basslines and drums,
And Adobe Audition to Masterize ;)

But, more important then all the software that one may possess, the greatest analogue software is your head!!!
crashboomkapow

City / Country: Canada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: DEJA WU uses..... Reply (quote author)

DEJAWU wrote:

plus most garage-band users SOUND LIKE garage-band users....like they couldn't compose their own way out of a garbage-bag if their
mom paid them.

That cuts deep, man. *sniff* Real deep.

I use GarageBand to sequence VST synths and record the odd real instrument, and have Reason ReWired up to it to do beats and the odd sample. I would like to use Cubase or Ableton Live, but neither of those are really a possibility for me at this point.
JFK

City / Country: Lisboa, Portugal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: DEJA WU uses..... Reply (quote author)

crashboomkapow wrote:
I would like to use Cubase or Ableton Live, but neither of those are really a possibility for me at this point.

The big problem is that pro software is really expensive, cause companies inflationate it to compensate for all the illegal users.
It seems that companies don't get that if they lower the software price, there will be more people buying it...
djmoz

City / Country: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll: What Software do you use? Reply (quote author)

hi - since i can't vote for just one ;)
Ableton Live 5.0 more and more, using ProTools 7 LE for recording real instruments and some tracks, but using Live in a live envoiroment and studio

canton wrote:
Hi, everyone please take a second to fill out this poll to tell me what software you use.

I'd like to start tailoring this site to make it work better for specific uses, e.g. making Ableton Live Packs, EXS-24 instruments...

Yours in noize,
- canton

botkiller

City / Country: albuquerque USA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

I really like Ableton, I want to upgrade to the full version soon. I also really like Renoise and Madtracker.

I'm also a fan of open source stuff, things like that... I always liked working in Cubase, as well. It has a good workflow to me.

As for synths, I use KeyToSound's Nexsyn (yes, I work with the company - but it's a great synth, I was using it before working with them), Crystal, Hydra, and a few other freebies. I use drum samples, but I always make my own loops, I don't like using others' loops.

Last edited by botkiller on Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Ibunshi

City / Country: Motala, Sweden

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

hello everyone!

i'm into dnb/soundscape/idm

i use hardware for soundsculpting, drum programming and some basic sequencing, and cubase for multitracking and to mix and arrange my recordings.
StevenE

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

Ableton live is what I just started.

Rohit

City / Country: UK

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply (quote author)

a program called Pro DJ which came free with my pc, I think it's similar to fruity loops.

it saves tracks with .ftr at the end and I've yet to find anything else that'll play/convert ftr, so I record my music to my old Mac and then convert it to .mp3!
Twiglet

City / Country: Wales

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: What I use Reply (quote author)

I use cubase to make my tunes i found ableton was mre a performance tool, fruity loops as being slightly basic and reason as being just another vst to use with the daddy in my opinion-cubase sx!!!!!!!!!
Post new message   Reply to message    SampleSwap Forum Index -> Hello, who are you? All times are Pacific Time (GMT-8)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: