700MB of brand new samples available (March 2012)
First of all, I’d like to extend a big thank you to everyone who uploaded original samples over the last 18 months. The best 700MB of these uploads have (finally) been folded into the complete collection. Look here.
7.5GB collection now available as a ZIP file
If you’ve got bandwidth to burn, for the first time ever you can download the entire SampleSwap collection as one giant ZIP file. Or you can get the collection mailed to you (anywhere in the world) on a DVD. See the donation page for details.
Some highlights from this update
- 48 drum loops and 46 melodic loops — Perfectly trimmed & BPM-calculated.
- 41 public domain songs — Ripe for remixing. You’ll find old scratchy phonograph recordings of blues, yodeling, opera, classical, even some contemporary stuff which was released into the wild. Since these are public domain recordings, there’s no requirement to ‘share alike’ or even provide attribution.
- 18 public domain spoken word tracks — Reactions to the strike on Pearl Harbor 1941, readings from Edgar Allen Poe, Thomas Edison trying out the first record player…
- A Speak & Spell drum kit — Kraftwerk, eat your heart out.
- Multisampled Slavic (Bulgarian?) women’s choir — Exquisite, haunting.
- This Is The End Beautiful Friend — A set of remix-ready public domain compositions based on the “silent” end-of-the-record grooves from incredibly famous LPs.